Lesson #4: self-efficacy
For Yourself in Reflection.
1. Always start with identifying a unique contribution you made and give yourself recognition for it.
2. List 3 of your strengths that were evident in your behaviors and give yourself recognition for it.
3. List one behavior that you conveyed that you know was inadequate or wasn’t the most appropriate. Spend a few minutes thinking of an approach you could try next time the opportunity presents itself. Then give yourself recognition for investing in yourself and your professional growth.
For Giving Feedback to Others
1. Always start with identifying a unique contribution the person made and give them recognition for it by saying how they impacted your perspective.
2. List 3 strengths that were evident in the person’s behaviors and give them recognition for it by sharing your own admiration for them.
3. List one behavior that you believe the person can grow to become more professional in or can help with their performance. Spend some time brainstorming approaches with them that they would be willing to try the next time the opportunity presents itself. Then give them recognition for investing in themselves and their own professional growth.